- Collection and use
- Items and methods of collecting personal information
- Supply and sharing of personal information
- Members' rights with regard to personal information
- Possession of personal information
- Privacy protection techniques
- Persons responsible for privacy protection
- Complaints with regard to privacy protection
- Effective date and policy updates
Collection and use
Items and methods of collecting personal information
- K-Developedia collects the minimum personal information necessary for establishing and executing the contract for providing our services using appropriate and fair methods. Before collecting personal information, we always make sure to obtain consent from our members.
- K-Developedia surveys members' preferences and using patterns through our homepage server log file or polls in order to better understand our members and provide them with high-quality services. The results of our surveys do not include customer identifiable information. We also retain the rights to share data collected through surveys with our advertisers and affiliates at our members' consent.
K-Developedia requires the following personal information from its members:
- Email (ID), password and nationality
- Nationality, job title and consent to receive e-mail notifications
- K-Developedia does not request information that can infringe on members' basic human rights. Exceptions include cases where users agree to provide such information voluntarily, or when required so by law.
Supply and sharing of personal information
- K-Developedia does not provide members' personal information to third parties without members' consent for purposes other than specified in this policy.
K-Developedia marks items that require members' consent, and members have the right to refuse or withdraw their consent to provide that information. Those items include:
- Personal information of a person in charge of privacy protection (department, name, and telephone number)
- Purpose of collecting and using personal information
- Requested items of personal information
- Period of possessing and using requested information
- Items related to the supply of personal information to third parties
- Members' right to withdraw consent and receive notifications about viewing and correcting their personal information
- Other items stipulated by the related laws
- Access to members' personal information is limited to persons in charge of the related operations.
However, K-Developedia retains the right to provide members' personal information to third parties without members' consent in the following events:
- If stipulated so by the real-name financial transactions law, password protection law, credit information use and protection law, the Telecommunications Basic Act, the Telecommunications
- Business Act, local tax laws, consumer protection act, Bank of Korea Act, or the code of legal procedure
- If required so for compiling statistical data, academic papers or market surveys without including customer identifiable information
- If basic personal information (email address, etc.) is required for establishing a contract for providing requested services to members by K-Developedia's partner companies
- Third parties can use information provided voluntarily by members online; members themselves are held responsible for that information.
Members' rights with regard to personal information
- K-Developedia respects the rights of members with regard to their personal information.
- Members can demand details on viewing and correcting their personal information through their visits to K-Developedia's website, or membership IDs(e-mail addresses), or withdraw the already-provided consent; K-Developedia will take prompt measures in that regard after confirming member authorization.
- In the event a member requests to correct errors in personal information, K-Developedia will not use that information until the specified errors are corrected, and will notify members about corrections immediately. If members want to view or correct their personal information, they can do so anytime by logging in using their membership IDs(e-mail addresses) and passwords.
Possession of personal information
- Information provided by members is used from the date of subscribing to our website and until the date of discontinuing membership for the purpose of providing services. Personal information is destroyed immediately upon unsubscribing or being terminated from membership.
- If a member withdraws his/her membership by terminating the contract, his/her personal information is possessed by K-Developedia for a certain period of time for the settlement of legal suits, or disputes. In these cases, viewing or using personal information is limited only to the above-stated purposes.
Privacy protection techniques
- K-Developedia is committed to employing best technologies for protecting members' personal information.
- K-Developedia limits the number of staff who can access members' personal information to the minimum, and provides training to its employees with regard to privacy protection. We also regularly change the password of personal information managers for accessing members' information, and do our best to prevent privacy infringement.
- A cookie is a small amount of data transmitted by the website server to the user's computer. The transmitted data contains information on the visited website and the user's personal information. Although cookies can detect the user's computer browser, they cannot tell users individually, and users can accept all cookies by using browser options, or request to receive a notification before installing a cookie, or refuse to install cookies whatsoever.
- Any personal information collected through users' visits of K-Developedia's website is not disclosed outside unless required by the law.
K-Developedia quickly deals with users' complaints with respect to privacy protection. We do our best to protect our members' information.
Members can contact our privacy protection managers anytime if they consider K-Developedia to fail in protecting members' personal information. We will check the problems immediately and make corrections, if necessary, in the shortest period of time.
Privacy protection manager
K-Developedia discloses contact information of our personal information manager, who is also in charge of dealing with members' complaints.
Effective date and policy updates