The regulatory reform is very important issue for rising Korea’s global competitiveness. So, we have to concern about successful implementation of the regulatory reform. The purpose of this study is to assess performance of the regulatory reform in the present government and to suggest alternatives
to improve the regulatory quality for the next government.
First, this study introduce three constituents of regulatory reform-policy ideas and directions, propulsion systems, tools and process-for describing and analyzing the present condition and specific contents of the regulatory reforms.
Second, the number of regulations increase and many regulations are strengthened in the present government. But they try to introduce and change many institutions and tools for improving the quality of regulation. As results, customer satisfaction of regulatory reform is 62.7point and its sensory index is 49.5point in 2006. Achieving 48 subjects from 2004 to 2006 by Task Force Team for regulatory reform take effects to save over 1500 billion won including 450 billion won in construction sector and 345bilion won in distribution sector.
Third, this study assess performance and contents of the regulatory reform through the brain storming by professional seminars and surveys of 20 experts. This work helps to suggest integrated and balanced alternatives. Many experts said that Korean regulatory reform lacks comprehension and consistency of policy, effectiveness of tools and monitoring for implementation. Also, they assess that RRC and government members need to improve their expertise and cooperation.
Finally, this study choose 13 subjects for the future regulatory reform based on assessment results. Its subjects are follows.
- Improving efficiency and Substantiality of RIA
- Strengthening Political Leadership
- Reforming Regulatory Propulsion Systems
- Creating Desirable Goals and Values of the Regulatory Reform
- Establishing Ex-post monitoring system and delivery system of regulatory reform
- Strengthening Accountability and Expertise of Department
- Adjusting Sectorsfor regulatory reform
- Introducing control mechanism for private member bills
- Building the regulatory Networks and concerning customers perspectives
- Being connected with regulatory reform and administrative reform
- Establishing regulatory management system
- Introducing Regulatory planning system
참여정부의 규제개혁 성과와 향후과제
|Series Title; No||KIPA 연구보고서 / 2007-05|
|Subject Country||South Korea(Asia and Pacific)|
|Subject||Government and Law < Public Administration|