콘텐츠 바로가기
로그인
컨텐츠

Category Open

Resources

tutorial

Collection of research papers and materials on development issues

home

Resources
Economy Economic Administration

Print

The 2030 agenda for sustainable development : Significance, its application to national development, and lessons of Korea's development experience

Related Document
Frame of Image .org
Contents
I. II. III. IV. Global Sustainability Challenges Three Historic Agreements of 2015 And the Trump Shock The SDGs: Significance and Its Implementation Challenge ‘Backcasting ’ ST Actions from LT Goals: Exploring Emission Reduction Path as an Example V. Korean Economic Miracle: an Overview VI. Korea’s Development Path Reviewed: Strategies and Policies VII. Korea Now Facing Sustainability Challenges VIII. How Should Korea Respond to Long-term Challenges, Looking Forward?
I. Global Sustainability Challenges
MDGs
MDG era left unfinished global business
(Balazs Horvath, UNDP Seoul)
POVERTY
700 million people live in extreme poverty
HUNGER
795 million people are undernourished
WATER
650 million people do not have access to improved drinking water sources
SANITATION
2.4 billion people still lack access to basic sanitation services
HEALTH
16,000 children die each day before they reach the age of five, mostly from preventable causes
ENERGY
1.4 billion people have no access to electricity
INEQUALITY
Inequality of income and opportunities have both substantially increased
ENVIRONMENT
Acute challenges, including food and water insecurity, climate change and natural disasters
© UNDP – ‘Getting ready to implement the 2030 Agenda’
Share of the Richest 1% = Share of the Other 99%
2015 (Wikipedia)
Consequences of Inequalities
The BTI on Importance on Social Sustainability
Highlighted by Colin I. Bradford, Brookings Institution The Bertelsmann Transformation Index 2016 focuses on t


Full Text
Title The 2030 agenda for sustainable development
Similar Titles
Sub Title

Significance, its application to national development, and lessons of Korea's development experience

Material Type Proceedings
Author(English)

Young, Soogil

Publisher

Sejong, South Korea:KDI School of Public Policy & Management

Date 2016-11
Event

Knowledge Sharing Workshop on Rural Development for the Government of Myanmar

Pages 87
Subject Country South Korea(Asia and Pacific)
Language English
File Type Documents
Original Format pdf
Subject Economy < Economic Administration
Holding KDI School of Public Policy & Management