Ⅰ. Background and Purpose
□ Development of society and complexity of disputes
○ As the society develops, disputes have been continuously arising.
○ It is necessary to resolve disputes that have already arisen in a speedy and efficient manner at a low cost.
○ The resolution of disputes is essential to the development and unity of the society.
□ Complex disputes
○ Complex disputes that involve people at large, such as environmental disputes and disputes over product liability.
○ It is impracticable to resolve disputes only within the framework of the existing judicial system.
□ Rapidly advanced democracy
○ The issue of conflicts arose in the late 1980s when democracy was rapidly advanced.
○ Conflicts have arisen in various sectors, including ideology, environment, labor relations, classes, and regions.
○ Conflicts have imposed an enormous burden of social and economic coast (The rest omitted)
Alternative dispute resolution systems in Korea
[Sejong, South Korea] : Korea Legislation Research Institute
|Series Title; No||International Legal Collaboration Research / 16-18-12|
|Subject Country||South Korea(Asia and Pacific)|
|Subject||Government and Law < Laws and Legislation|
|Holding||Korea Legislation Research Institute|