"The KHDI project is now fully operation. Every effort is being made to assemble the information needed to modify and to strengthen the delivery system for replication throughout the nation,. Since many of the questions surrounding the demonstration projects are ultimately empirical, a certain amount of experimentation is inevitable. The strategy of the first round evaluation, then, should stress flexibility, and should not prejudge the results. Therefore, the paper which we present here is not the final version of the external evaluation results, but simply an intermediate evaluation for discussion purposes only. The foregoing discussion outlined a procedure which will enable the NHS/KDI staff to systematically evaluate the demonstration project, leading ultimately to improved rural health care delivery. This is not an easy task: much of the hard data is not currently available, and it will take time to practically apply the theoretical framework.
The objective warrants our earnest efforts. We contributing to a national health policy, a policy that can be only as good as the data which it is based.
The important information obtained through the first round evaluation is:
1. the average monthly number of service contacts categorized by the health facility and by the service function,
2. the average service time spent per 1,000 target population categorized by service function, by health personnel, and by health facility.
3. the variation pattern of time spent to perform one service categorized by service, by health personnel and by health facility,
4. the proportion of time spent on various types of service functions(direct, indirect and unproductive),
5. the annual number of referred cases per 100 services contracts categorized by health facility,
6. the total operating cost in a given fiscal year categorized by service function, and by health facility,
7. the average cost to the Korean government per service contact categorized by service and by health facility,
8. the health expenditure of the Korean government per capita in each of the areas per year brokendown by service function,
9. the average cost borne by patients seeking services at the demonstration level."
- The first-round evaluation of the health demonstration project
- Yeon, Hacheong
- Korea Development Institute
The first-round evaluation of the health demonstration project
Seoul:Korea Development Institute
|Subject Country||South Korea(Asia and Pacific)|
|Subject||Social Development < Health|
|Holding||Korea Development Institute|