The current city planning law in Korea was enacted in 1971 and has been amended several times in between. Since the social circumstances have been shifted so rapidly and the amendments have not reflected the shift adequately, the law plays no more the role as the proper guideline of our society.
The purpose of this study is to search for the directions of restructure of the law in accordance with the changes in social circumstances.
The main contents consist of four parts :
First, the current city panning law is analysed and ciritcized in terms of adaptability and rationality of the law as a whole as well as each article.
Second, an international comparative study is carried out in order to find out the drawbacks and the possible way of amendments of the city planning law of Korea. Hereby, the city planning laws of Korea, Japan, Germany and England are compared.
Third, the previous research projects which were carried out by KRIHS concerning with this issues during the last 5 years, are reviewed.
Fourth, alternative directions of amendments are assessed and finally, some recommendations are suggested. They involve the following ;
1. Strengthening the role of local government and citizen participation in the planning process
2. Simplification of the planning system and rearrangement of the related laws and regulations
3. Resolving discordance between city planning law and other related laws
4. Restructuring the development permit system
5. Revision of zoning regulations
6. Providing measures for flexible application of the laws and regulations in accordance to the locality
of a city
7. Defining of the planning area and the administrative area of a city
8. Maintaining balance between the public and the private rights
- 도시계획법제 개편에 관한 연구(A study on the restructure of the city planning law in Korea)
도시계획법제 개편에 관한 연구(A study on the restructure of the city planning law in Korea)
|Series Title; No||국토연 / 94-15|
|Subject Country||South Korea(Asia and Pacific)|
|Subject||Territorial Development < National Land Development|