Recently, one of the big project in NGIS projects in Korea is converting all the existing maps of the whole nation to digital maps. Many companies have joined to this project for several years.
However, the format of these digital maps varies company by company. It is necessary to make guide line to the format of digital maps for the project.
Especially, the format for attribute/display/topology information is hot issue.
This paper intended to establish the guide line to include these informations to initial digital map logically and make a practical way to convert these information to target GIS software.
We have chosen “Autocad” for initial digital map input, and “Arcview” as target GIS software and “Automap” as a converter.
1. Most of the layer names (which was rolled as an attribute value) were converted to the value for an attribute.
2. We suggest to include “AttributeName=Value” form to matching geographic data.
3. In Autocad, we used Xdata to include string “AttributeName=Value” to graphic entity.
4. By using Automap, this attribute-conerted initial map can be converted to Arcview’s .shp format.
5. In Arcview attribute informations can be viewed/managed.
1. The number of Layers (700) is too much for map management.
2. Suggested “AttributeName=Value” form were verified by above processes.
3. Vertification software for initial digial map input, are needed strongly.
- 수치지도작성 포맷에 관한 연구(Format on generating digital map)
수치지도작성 포맷에 관한 연구(Format on generating digital map)
|Series Title; No||국가지리정보체계 구축지원 학술연구 / 3|
|Subject Country||South Korea(Asia and Pacific)|
|Subject||Industry and Technology < IT
Territorial Development < National Land Development